Red Beans and Rice
China Doll Red Beans and Rice
(with Conecuh Sausage)
(Click Picture for Full Size)
1 pound (2 cups) China Doll Red Kidney Beans, soaked
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1 lb Conecuh Sausage in 1/2” slices
3 cups China Doll rice
1/2 cup green onions, chopped, for garnish
1. Drain beans; discard soak water.
2. Place oil in 4-quart pot and heat.
3. Add two green onions, white or yellow onion, celery leaves, and garlic. Sauté until onion is tender but not browned.
4. Add beans, water, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir well.
5. Cover and simmer until beans are tender, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
6. Approximately 20 minutes before serving add Conecuh sausage and stir well
7. Cook rice with water and salt according to package directions.
8. Serve beans over hot rice. Top each serving with a generous sprinkling of green onions.